Hours: Part-time or full-time available; weekends essential
Contract type: Bank/Zero-hour contract with the option to become permanent after the trial period
Reporting to: Senior Support Coordinator and Client Experience Coordinator
Responsible for: N/A
Complete Independence is a company dedicated to providing a high standard of bespoke support within the community to meet the needs of each individual.
We are passionate about ensuring that deaf, disabled and elderly people have full access to services and encourage them to live fulfilling lives.
We pride ourselves in providing high-quality service for all our clients, whether that be our Supported living, Direct Payments, Access to Work, Befriending or Role models.
As a Support Worker, you will be the face of our company, providing high-quality bespoke support to a range of clients.
It is important to us that you are a team player, can work independently and have the ability to multitask. You will be providing bespoke, person-centred support within the community to a range of clients to ensure they have access to the required services.
We highly value candidates who are interested in our wider vision to complement a team of individuals passionate about our mission.
- Support clients with life choices
- Support people to develop life skills which enable them to live independently
- Accompany arranged trips and outings
- Encourage positive habits
- Provide information on life skills, for example, budgeting
- Provide a 1:1 befriending service to deaf, disabled and elderly people
- Support with education or returning to education
- Support with work or returning to work
- Provide support in building positive mental health practices
- Providing tools to make society and services accessible
- Support within the home
- Contribute to the planning of support plans
As a Complete Independence Employee, you will receive:
- A competitive starting salary depending on experience, with excellent opportunities to learn and develop
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays for Full-time employees, pro-rated for part-time employees
- A Company pension scheme – when eligible
- Continuing professional development – through training
- Professional supervision from a qualified supervisor
- Support from the Complete Independence team
- A genuine appreciation for a good work/life balance
- Sense of humour and upbeat
- Basic administration skills
- Be professional and calm under pressure
- Be available during weekdays, weekends, including school holidays when required
- Enhanced Adult DBS (Complete Independence can process these)
- Have caregiving experience
- A full UK driving license
- Social care NVQ 2 (or equivalent, or willingness to work towards this)
- First aid training
- Safeguarding training
Please note that this list of duties is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the office manager will carry out. The post holder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the managing director.