We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible. Work with our Waste Management company to keep abreast of current and innovative re-use initiatives. Work with Waste Management company to analyse our Waste Data Reports to identify areas for improvement.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable. Amongst some of our initiatives are: ensuring all our PCs and electronic equipment has sleep mode, all lighting is low energy, PAC testing of all electrical items and maintenance on all equipment is regularly carried out ensuring resource efficiency.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate. When a vehicle is due for replacement, our process is to choose the most environmentally friendly vehicle with the capacity required for our business use.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community. We work with our local Chamber of Commerce and business neighbours and landlord to identify improvements and shared services.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damages to the environment and encourage others to do the same. For large value items, we investigate all areas for maximum Return On Investment, economically, socially and environmentally. For small value items such as stationery we swap out to environmental alternatives as soon as they become available.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance. An element of all our implementation plans is environmental impact, to understand the change and ensure at times reduced impact, whatever the process.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and confirm to the high standards it requires. Our employees are of the highest calibre trained and compassionate on disability, diversity and inclusion issues, alongside this they have a passion for our environment, suggesting alternative products and many other initiatives.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned. We have had no recorded breach of Policy, although all employees are aware of the steps to address any breach.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
This policy is reviewed annually. Last reviewed: 18/10/2022