Location: Cardiff University
Reports to: Client Experience Co-Ordinator
Here at Complete Independence, we offer a high standard of bespoke person-centred support within the community to meet the needs of each individual.
We are passionate about ensuring that deaf, disabled and elderly people have full access to services and encourage them to live fulfilling lives.
Our vision is for deaf, disabled and elderly people to live in a world where they feel equal, valued by society and able to live independently.
Work with members of the community, small and large organisations, and support specialists to ensure deaf, disabled and elderly people can live independently and be equal and active members of society.
As a Study Assistant, you will be representing our company, providing high-quality bespoke support to our clients.
It is important to us that you are a team player, can work independently and have the ability to multitask. You will be providing bespoke, person-centred support within an education setting to ensure they have access to the required services.
We highly value candidates who are interested in our wider vision to complement a team of individuals passionate about our mission.
We have the exciting opportunity to join our team as a Study Assistant, where you will be working alongside a student to provide support in an academic setting as well as social settings in between lectures.
Part-time job share is preferable.
The role is long term, is term time only and provides regular weekly hours.
- Carry the student’s bag and assist in guiding them around the campus
- Pick up large or heavy items for the student when required
- Take notes during the teaching sessions
- Assist the student in transferring from their wheelchair when requested
- Gather books and assist in gathering research
- Scan texts and ensure the student has access to all relevant documentation
- Willingness to complete mandatory training
- Clean Driving Licence
- A genuine desire to make a difference to our client’s university experience
- Laptop owner
- Casual Dress
- Giving back to the community
- Working in a higher education institution
- Employee supervision
For further details, visit our website: www.completeindependence.com.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 18 per week
Salary: £13.00 per hour
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cardiff: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- English (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 20/09/2023